Saturday, November 14, 2009

Buffy Summers: Buffy Action Figures

Buffy Series 1

Today let's spotlight the one and only Buffy Summers herself. What collection would be even remotely complete without a Buffy from each season?


Let's start with Series 1 -- this Buffy action figure comes with crossbow and stake in hand. She has an extra stake and a dagger. I love her jeans! They have these squiggly designs on them. Really nice detail and I think it looks pretty close to Sarah Michelle Gellar.

This is not in chronological order but just looking at my shelf, there's the "Summers Family Album" figures. I'm pretty sure that is Joyce's only figurine. The Dawn is taller than Buffy which is awesome! And it's a little creepy to have the demon mask from "Dead Man's Party."

I also have the Prom set with Buffy and Angel. It includes the little umbrella, the "Class Protector" award. The two of them look really sweet. Buffy's dress is nice and seems to be a good color match for the original. She's wearing flats and I find it hard to believe that Buffy would ever wear flats, but I'd have to check the episode to know for certain.

I think the graduation day Buffy originally came packaged with a Faith doll. I got mine separately. She comes with a diploma, handcuffs and a yearbook! The leather jacket is nice. i swear at some point mid-series everyone got leather jackets. It was kinda weird like Giles went to Italy and came back with leather jackets as presents for everyone.




I also have another articulating action figure -- the "Once More With Feeling" Buffy. She comes with a pool cue! Love it. It's a great episode and I am enjoying getting the entire collection of figures from that episode.

There are a few Buffy action figures that I have NOT gotten. And it's because I'm not done with the series yet. I only started watching the show a year ago and I just started the last season. So I know there are Buffy action figures -- in particular Buffy herself -- that would be spoilers so I'm waiting.

2 comments:

  1. 'The Witch' Buffy chearleader one is hilArious... and the Buffy Bot one too. I have all of them... been collecting since the 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have Buffy Bot! Cool. I really want that one. Heck, I want them all! Thanks for reading the blog.

    ReplyDelete